Call for Participation
- July 7, 2006: Submissions due
- August 11, 2006: Notification of acceptance
- October 1, 2006: Final versions of abstracts due
Funding (NEW): All participants in the Doctoral Colloquium will receive funding from CSCW 2006: $150 USD for conference registration (the early-registration student rate), accommodation during the colloquium (two colloquium students per room), and travel assistance (approximately $750 USD).
The Doctoral Colloquium is a forum in which Ph.D. students can meet and discuss their work with each other and a panel of experienced CSCW researchers and practitioners.
We welcome applicants from a broad range of disciplines and approaches that inform CSCW, including sociology, computer science, cognitive science, and related fields. We are particularly interested in applications from institutions and groups that have not traditionally been well-represented at past CSCW conferences.
Applicants should be beyond the proposal stage and into their dissertation research. The Colloquium committee will select approximately 12 participants who will be expected to give short, informal presentations of their work during the Colloquium, to be followed by a discussion.
Applicants should submit three items (by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line "CSCW2006 Colloquium Submission"):
- A two-page overview of your doctoral research that describes your research question, work in progress, and expected contributions. The overview should include an abstract of no more than 100 words, and should be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings Template. Submissions must be in PDF format.
- A short (2-3 paragraph) biographical sketch, in PDF format
- An email letter from your supervisor sent to email@example.com, indicating that they support your application to the colloquium and that they agree that your research is at an appropriate stage for participation. The email should have "CSCW Doctoral Colloquium: <applicant's name>" in the subject header.
Submissions should be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "CSCW2006 Colloquium Submission." All questions can also be directed to this address.
All submissions must be received by the chairs by 5:00pm (17:00) Pacific Time on Friday July 7, 2006. Submissions received after this date will not be considered. All submissions will be acknowledged by email.
Doctoral Colloquium Co-Chairs
Carl Gutwin, University of Saskatchewan, Canada
Judith Olson, University of Michigan, USA