Call for Participation
CSCW 2006 requires electronic submission. The submission procedures vary among the participation catetgories. Be sure to follow the specific instructions given in the call for each individual category. Any questions about your submissions or the procedure should be directed to the appropriate Program Chairs.
|Video Figures||Web/E-mail||Submit with associated Paper, Note, or Demonstration|
|Full Videos||E-mail/Download||see Instructions|
All submissions that will appear in the proceedings must be formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings Template. Note: This template is different from the ACM SIGCHI template.
An important aspect of preparing your paper is to provide the proper indexing and retrieval information from the ACM Computing Classification System. Please choose your category and descriptor terms carefully. These will be used to classify your submission in the ACM Digital Library. For help on choosing appropriate terms, visit http://www.acm.org/class/how_to_use.html.
Note that Papers, Notes, and Interactive Posters use a blind review process: the submitted copy should have all authors' names and affiliations blanked out, and should avoid any obvious identifying features. While authors should leave citations to their own relevant work unanonymized, they should reference it in a way that doesn't readily identify them as the authors. For example use "Prior work by [ref]" instead of "In our prior work." Demos, Panels, Tutorials,Videos, Workshops, and the Doctoral Colloquium are not blind reviewed.
Check back here for instructions about acceptable file formats and final submission formatting.
Due Dates and Times
All submissions must be received by 5:00pm (17:00) Pacific Time on the due date unless otherwise specified. Please see the individual call for each participation category for the specific due dates. Submissions received after 5pm Pacific Time on the due date will not be considered. (See http://www.timeanddate.com for conversion to your local time zone.)
All submissions will be acknowledged by email.
Information for Reviewers
The reviewing website for Papers and Notes is available at https://www.precisionconference.com/~sigchi/.
- March 17, 2006: Full Paper and Notes submissions due
- April 28, 2006: Panels, Tutorial Proposals and Workshop Proposals due
- June 2, 2006: Notification of accepted Papers, Notes, Panels, and Tutorials
- June 12, 2006: Notification of accepted Workshops
- June 23, 2006: Interactive Posters due
- July 7, 2006: Doctoral Colloquium submissions due
- July 10, 2006: Demonstration Proposals due
- July 21, 2006: Notification of accepted Videos
- August 7, 2006: Notification of accepted Interactive Posters
- August 11, 2006: Notification of accepted Demonstrations and Doctoral Colloquium submissions
- August 18, 2006: Final version of Videos and Video Abstracts due
- August 21, 2006: Final version of Papers and Notes due
- September 15, 2006: Workshop position papers due.
- September 23, 2006: Final versions of Interactive Posters, and Panel abstracts, descriptions and position statements due. Tutorial notes due.
- September 25, 2006: Demonstrations final abstracts due.
- October 1, 2006: Doctoral Colloquium final abstracts due
- October 6, 2006: Early registration deadline.
- October 13, 2006 Deadline for making hotel reservations at the conference rate.
- October 26, 2006 Online registration closes.
- November 4, 2006: CSCW 2006 conference begins